- Gerhard Richter (born February 9, 1932) is a German visual artist.
- Richter has produced abstract and photorealistic paintings, as well as photographs and pieces of glass.
- Richter's art follows the examples of Picasso and Jean Arp in undermining the concept of the artist's obligation to preserve a single coherent style.
- The best-known work is 1025 Farben, a monumental large work in which he used a special technique: enamel paint on canvas.
- His work 4096 Colours was later sold at Christie's NY for almost four million dollars.
Click here to see all paintings by this Artist
Gerhard Richter enriched Cologne Cathedral with a new immense window.
The window is no less than 19 metres high and 9.5 metres wide and consists of 1,263 squares in 72 different colours, based on his work 4096 Farben from 1974.
Click here for an image of the Cologne Cathedral by Gerhard Richter.